So everyone who knows me knows my love for pizza. I do love ordering out for pizza but sometimes it’s just better to make your own at home (hubby’s preference). Seems really daunting but in reality it’s super easy. Enjoy the recipe below!
4 cups of bread flour or all purpose flour.
- Combine the flour, sugar, yeast,water,(2tbsp)oil and salt in a big bowl and mix until kneaded into a solid semi soft ball as seen in the picture below. If the dough is sticky add a little flour but only a little at a time. If you feel the dough is too dry then add a little water.
- Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with saran wrap or a clean kitchen towel and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1-2 hours. I add a bit of the olive oil to the outside if the dough as well.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or saran wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- NEXT: Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface and roll out the dough to a size of your liking.
- Place dough on a greased pizza pan or stone.
- Continue to add a pizza sauce of your choice. (I make my own, recipe coming soon)
- Sprinkle on mozzarella cheese and then follow with your favorite toppings.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place pizza in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes till you reach your desired crispiness.